Thursday, August 21, 2014

Digital Scrapbook page for Thursday Product Review

Good morning, Carolyn here with a product review.  I will have to confess - I thought I had signed up for Friday - Layouts this week and when I rechecked again, oops, Product Review.  So I will be reviewing the software I used to create the page layout..

TIP:  don't be afraid of learning how to use new editing software. 



I used two different software in creating this:
  • Abode Photoshop Elements ver. 12
  • Paint.net (free software)
First, using Paint.net I changed the images from jpeg to png format so I can place onto the scrapbook page in Abode Photoshop Elements, even the garden bench was saved from Abode PS Elements as a jpeg; and than converted to png in Paint.net.

Now into Abode Photoshop Elements I first created a colored background layer.  Than using the png formatted images, I placed where I wanted them.  (The garden bench and frame originally Abode PS Elements brushes that I downloaded from a free website on the Internet.)  The flower cluster was found in a Internet search; the Relaxing tag and paint splatter from Digital Scrapbooking at Pixel Scrapper; and Garden Girl, Annebelle  was from Clipart from the Heart (was not able to find in the store). Each element other than Annebelle Garden Girl opacity was changed; and I shadowed the Garden Girl.

Now I am a beginner in creating digital layouts, and it may not be up to what the pro's do, but I am happy with it.  Once I have a little time, I am converting each image to jpeg so I can load up into MyMemories Suite software and create a layout there.

Thank you for stopping by to visit with us at Scrapbook Blessings Club and with me today, and happy crafting to you all.

1 comment:

Granmargaret said...

Lovely layout