Monday, January 20, 2014

Monday - Die Cut Machines

Hi, Carolyn here  to share Monday's Die Cutting Machine project.for Scrapbook Blessings Club; and I chose a project using the Sizzix Big Shot die cutting machine...

But first my Tip:  when creating these popup cards, at least with me, trim the inside insert just a tadbit on top and bottom so it will not 'hang' over the edges before adding glue. 

So... onto the project:

 

This is what the outside of the card looks like.  The base for this is also a Sizzix die which has the rounded corners that you insert into slits on back inside of the base.  I used a Martha Stewart hand punch for the bottom and layered with design paper.  Placed small pearls in the circles of the punched area; and the title is a cut file from MyScrapchick

 

Inside of the card:  cut from a magnetic die with heart combined on the end.  I placed a Stampin! Up ribbon on the one end; and I trimmed with tan strips of card stock on inside folds and one end.  Using Stampin! Up Teeny Words stamps, I stamped Happy Birthday, and placed a small pearl on one end.  I also sponged the coffee with Distress Ink - Tea.  A gift card from Starbucks can be glue-dot on the opposite end of card. 

Supplies/equipment used:


This is the die that I used for the coffee cup (and not able to see the heart, but it's there!!)
  • Cardstock
  • Small pearls 
  • adhesive
  • design paper
  • Sizzix Big Shot die cutting machine
I hope your enjoyed today's project. If you have a question, please leave it in the comments, and a DT member will get back to you.  You can visit me to see more card/project ideas at Granny Ma's Creative Blog .  Also, you can join up to our Facebook group: Scrapbook Blessings Club for more fun, games, inspiration, tips and techniques.    
And as always, comments are appreciated. Thank you for stopping by and hugs to all...

Carolyn
 SBC Team Designer

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Awesome card! I love it.