Friday, October 25, 2013

Friday Scrapbook Layouts - Past and Present

Hey you all, it's Carolyn for the Scrapbook Blessings Club, and I am here to show you scrapbook layouts that I have created, past and present projects.

 

I will have to admit that most of my layouts are from Creative Kuts  that she offers on her Facebook Group page for a nominal fee, and for me, I look at the kits and decide if I can work a layout project for one of my grandchildren's scrapbook.  I believe this was a kit that came out in the Summer of 2012 and it's a one page layout.  I layered all onto blue cardstock which represents the sky.  The green design paper with grass is the grassy area of a beach .  Two photo mats placed to the left and the title "Too Flippin' Cute" placed on top of the first photo mat.  A pair of flip flops and a scalloped doilie to place another photo into.  

 

This was for a project last November - where I used a snowman, snow shovel and snowflakes from Cindy Pointe of the Cut and Create Store.   I created a snow scene with a circle and tried to create a snowy hill where the snowman sat and a shovel sitting for use to clear the snow away.  The snowflakes I sprayed with some shimmer mist and all placed on cardstock which I cut out with the title along the top and side edge.  


 

I am presently working on two Envelope-mini albums for my granddaughters and this is the beginning of the 2nd mini-album.  I am using black envelopes with black cardstock for the library card insert which will add more room for photos, etc.  The first Envelope Mini-album is further along as it is for my 13 year granddaughter which begins with her birth to age 13.  The one shown is for her sister and will be from birth to age 13.  Instructions for this was found on Youtube .  This is a free tutorial by Kathy Orta of Paper Phenomenon and she is very thorough in the tutorial.

I do have other mini-albums as work in progress too and working on a birthday album for great grandson's 3rd birthday.  Check out my progress at my blog as I will post as I go along.  

Tip:  save all the left-over design paper and card stock as you can use in your layout projects; and another one:  when to a craft store have in mind what you would like to use for your layout projects for paper, embellishments, and decorations.  Next time I am to Michaels, I will be searching the paper there for designs I would like to use in my Envelope Mini-albums (i.e. Hello Kitty!)  Also, another paper you can use for your layouts is gift wrap paper, so I will look for Hello Kitty gift wrap paper for my youngest granddaughter's mini-album.

 
Hope you have a blessed day and thanks for stopping by,

Carolyn-----

No comments: