Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Platypus Creek Digital Butterfly release

Platypus Creek Digital has two releases coming out today, June 5....digital of a Butterfly, and two svg cutting files.  I used the Butterfly cutting file for this altered book project which I am still deciding whether to make it a a phone and/or address book or a small scrapbook ....  Here is the project I created....


 

I printed the picture from a scrap page that I have saved on my drive, cut it out and placed on a black mat onto a burgundy colored cardstock. believe from Close to My Heart collection I have on hand.  The black butterflies are part of her svg file releases..there is two identical ones...the two above and than the same two with the antenna  which, at the time, I was just using my Expression and, not knowing that I could slow the speed down, it would not cut very well.  Since than, I purchased a Silhouette Cameo which I am slowly learning how to operate.  The cardstock is covering a hard cover cut from a old book.  I blinged up the project with the jewels on the butterflies and in the corner.  Now to decide, when I get the insides done up, how to attach the book...using my BindItAll or using rings ....decisions, decisions....

1 comment:

ddazzled71 said...

I love the soft floral image you combined with the black butterflies. A really pretty Card! xx